THIS is the heroic moment two pet dogs sacrificed themselves in order to stop a deadly cobra getting in the house while a baby slept.
One-year-old Skye was sleeping in the house in Kidapawan City in the Philippines, when the deadly reptile entered the front yard last Friday.
CCTV footage shows how the two-year-old white dachshund named Moxie immediately went over to the snake and began pawing at it.
But sensing the danger, the more protective older dog, Miley, aged four, launched into a frenzied defence and picked up the monacled cobra in its jaws.
The cobra made a beeline for the front door but the pair of dogs worked together – biting its tail and dragging it away from the children’s toys, and the room where the girl was sleeping.
After a two-minute tussle, the snake stopped moving died from the injuries.
But tragically, Miley was not able to survive the bite attacks and died a few minutes later from her injuries.
The other dog survived but was left blind after being hit by the snake’s sprayed venom.
She was taken to the veterinarian for treatment, but her sight was unable to be saved.
The baby’s father, Jaime Selim, said he and his wife, Pauie, were at work at the time while his daughter was sleeping at home with a babysitter.
He said: ”My wife and I were out for work. When we arrived, our helper told us what happened and reviewed the cameras. We were shocked but also so proud of the dogs.”
Jaime’s CCTV cameras face the yard and showed the two dogs barking and biting the cobra as it spewed venom at them and bit back.
Jaime added: “I can’t thank my dogs enough for protecting my baby Skye. We will miss them so much.”