Liverpool To End Years Of Premier League Pain! Sadio Mané To Take The Golden Boot Title! Team News. Comments. Stats & Prediction.
By: Marc Gingell
Matching Tuesday’s amazing Champions League Anfield finale could take years! Hardened pros like James Milner in tears. Local boy Trent Alexander-Arnold walking around the pitch excited dazed and amazed all at the same time.
The whole Liverpool squad stood in front of the Kop totally immersed in a spontaneous and emotional rendition of ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone.’ A hairs on the back of the neck raising moment with Brazilian Fabinho, in his first season at Liverpool, loving the moment and singing at the top of his voice.
Barcelona fans cried. Liverpool’s didn’t want to leave. They sang their hearts out and that included a smiling Kenny Dalglish and his clan.
So will it take years to recreate another Anfield moment like? Or will the Liverpool squad, face the Kop again on Sunday, for take two!
|KO: 15:00||REF: M Atkinson|
Liverpool Team News
- Unknown Return Date: Naby Keita Thigh injury.
- Expected Back 1 June: Roberto Firmino Muscle injury.
- 75% Chance of Playing: Adam Lallana Knock. Andrew Robertson Calf injury. Mohamed Salah Head injury. Jordan Henderson Knee injury. Divock Origi Muscle injury.
Wolverhampton Wanderers Team News
- No Injuries or Suspensions.
- Wolves have already beaten Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal and Manchester United in the Premier League this season. Only two teams to finish lower than sixth have beaten as many as five of the sides to finish in the top six in a single Premier League campaign – Southampton in 1997-98 and West Ham in 2015-16.
- Liverpool could remain unbeaten at home in a top-flight campaign for the eighth different time, and for the first time in consecutive seasons since the 1978-79/1979-80 campaigns.
- Wolves’ points tally of 57 in the Premier League this season is the most by a newly-promoted side since Ipswich Town won 66 points and finished 5th in the 2000-01 season.
- Liverpool’s Sadio Mane has scored more home goals than any other player in the Premier League this season (16).
- Liverpool full-backs Trent Alexander-Arnold (12) and Andrew Robertson (11) have been involved in more Premier League goals than any other defenders this season. Meanwhile, Wolves’ Matt Doherty sits joint-third in this list with nine (4 goals, 5 assists).
- Liverpool could still secure their 19th top-flight league title, depending on Manchester City’s result at Brighton & Hove Albion. It would be their first league title since 1989-90 and they would be the seventh different team to win the Premier League title since it began in 1992.
- Liverpool have won six of their nine Premier League meetings with Wolves (D2 L1), including each of the last four in a row.
- Wolves have won two of their last three away games against Liverpool in all competitions (L1), more than they had in their previous 24 at Anfield (W1 D3 L20).
- This will be the sixth time Liverpool and Wolves have met in their final game of a top-flight season, with Liverpool winning each of the previous five by an aggregate score of 12-4.
- When playing their final match of the season at home, Liverpool haven’t lost since their famous 0-2 defeat against Arsenal in 1988-89, with the Reds winning 11 and drawing two since.
More late drama at Anfield with a Mané hat-trick to win Liverpool the Premier League and Mané the Golden Boot!
Liverpool 3 Wolverhampton Wanderers 2
If you have any questions or comments please follow the links below. And, if you would like to like or share, that would be appreciated. Thank you.