After Seven Failed Attempts At Beating Bournemouth In The Premier League Leicester Have Finally Done It. Highlights. Manager Comments. Player Ratings. Stats.
By Marc Gingell
|30.03. 15:00||King Power Stadium||Leicester||2-0||Bournemouth||REF: L Mason|
|ATT: 31,530||Wes Morgan 11′|
|Jamie Vardy 82′|
Wes Morgan On Fire!
Last time out Wes Morgan started on the bench but came on after six minutes, in a tactical re-shuffle after Harry Maguire had been sent off, to give a man of the match performance and score the winning goal. Against Bournemouth, he gave another man of the match performance and scored after 11 minutes. There might have been a touch of luck about his goal, as he kind of back flicked Ben Chilwell’s shot past the despairing Asmir Begovic, but they all count.
Bournemouth Make Little Impression
Bournemouth on the road, apart from at the very start of the season, have been poor and It was no surprise when their 10th away defeat in 11 Premier League games was confirmed when Jamie Vardy was given one chance too many. He clattered in a header off the crossbar after being found by a cross from Youri Tielemans. Eddie Howe certainly has some problems which he needs to put right.
Leicester: Schmeichel 7; Pereira 7, Evans 6, Morgan 8, Chilwell 7; Ndidi 7, Gray 5, Maddison 7, Tielemans 7, Barnes 6; Vardy 7
Subs: Iheanacho N/A, Mendy 6, Ghezzal N/A
Bournemouth: Begovic 7; Clyne 4, Mepham 3, Ake 7, Daniels 6; Brooks 5, Lerma 4, Gosling 5, Fraser 6, King 4, Wilson 5
Subs: Stanislas 5, Rico 4, Solanke 4
Man of the match: Wes Morgan
- Leicester have won three consecutive Premier League games for the first time since a run of four ending in December 2017.
- Bournemouth are winless in six away league visits to Leicester (W0 D3 L3), since a 1-0 win on Boxing Day in 1988 under Harry Redknapp.
- Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers has won all four of his games in all competitions against Bournemouth – the only teams he has a better 100% win record against in his career are Hamilton Academical (9 wins), Fulham (7) and Coventry City (5).
- Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe is winless in eight away league visits to Leicester City during his managerial career (W0 D4 L4).
- Bournemouth have lost 10 of their last 11 away Premier League games, winning the other.
Jamie Vardy has scored five goals in his last five Premier League appearances, after netting in just one of his previous six.
- Leicester’s Ben Chilwell has provided three assists in the Premier League this season, more than he registered in his previous two campaigns for the Foxes (2).
- Leicester’s Wes Morgan has scored in consecutive Premier League appearances for the first time in his career, also netting three goals in his last four.