Watford To Enhance Their Chances Of Finishing Best Of The Rest! Team News. Manager Comments. Stats, And Prediction.
By: Marc Gingell
Watford come into this game on the back of a 1-0 home defeat against Arsenal thanks to a rare Ben Foster mistake and Troy Deeney’s 11th minute red card. But they should still be too strong for Huddersfield who, despite playing without pressure now relegation has been confirmed, don’t have the quality to hurt teams.
|20-04||John Smith’s Stadium||Huddersfield Town (20)||v||Watford (10)|
|KO:15:00||REF: R East|
Watford’s Andre Gray has had a quiet PL season so far with five goals and three assists. Gray missed six weeks during January and December with a calf injury but now with Deeney suspended, and injury doubts about Gerard Deulofeu, he has a chance to make an impact in the final weeks of the season.
Huddersfield Town Team News
- Unknown Return Date: Abdelhamid Sabiri Lack of match fitness.
- Expected Back 26 Apr: Laurent Depoitre Foot injury.
- 75% Chance of Playing: Demeaco Duhaney Hip injury. Isaac Mbenza Illness. . Adama Diakhaby Hamstring injury. Karlan Grant Illness.
Watford Team News
- Unknown Return Date: José Holebas Hamstring injury. Tom Cleverley Calf injury. Domingos Quina Shoulder injury. Adalberto Peñaranda Hamstring injury.
- Suspended Until 04 May: Troy Deeney.
- 75% Chance of Playing: Gerard Deulofeu Ankle injury. Roberto Pereyra Knock.
Javia Gracia Comments
“We have to play the next games without Troy Deeney, to be ready to compete without him. Like with the rest of the games, I never complain about the players we don’t have. We prefer to give value to the players we have and I try to choose the best XI, the best to compete in the next game.”
- Huddersfield Town have scored in each of their 14 home games against Watford in all competitions (W9 D1 L4), netting 24 goals in total (1.7 goals per game).
- Watford haven’t completed a league double over Huddersfield since the 2012-13 season, the only occasion they’ve achieved such a feat.
- 17% of Huddersfield’s Premier League wins have been against Watford (2/12) – the Hornets could become the first team Huddersfield have beaten three times in the competition.
- Since beating Bournemouth 4-1 in February 2018, Huddersfield haven’t scored more than once in any of their 22 Premier League home games, netting just nine goals in total (W3 D3 L16).
- Huddersfield have lost 13 Premier League home games this season – only Sunderland in 2002-03 and 2005-06 (14) have ever lost more at home in a single campaign in the competition.
- Watford have lost three of their last four league games (W1), as many as they had in their previous 14 (W6 D5 L3).
- Watford have lost their last three away Premier League games, shipping 10 goals in the process. They last lost more consecutively on the road in their last six such games last season.
- Watford haven’t won an away league game against a team starting in the relegation zone since December 2015 (1-0 at Sunderland), drawing two and losing six since then.
- Steve Mounie is the only Huddersfield player to score more than once in the Premier League at the John Smith’s Stadium this season (2).
- Gerard Deulofeu has been involved in 14 goals in all competitions this season (9 goals, 5 assists), averaging a goal involvement every 129 minutes – the best ratio of any Watford player.
Watford battled well against Arsenal, despite going down to ten men with Troy Deeney sent off in the 11th minute, and they should be too strong for Huddersfield.
Huddersfield 0 Watford 2
If you have any questions or comments please follow the links below. And, if you would like to like or share, that would be appreciated. Thank you.