Manchester United Must Win To Keep Their Champions League Qualification Hopes Alive. Team News. Manager Comments. Stats, And Prediction.
By: Marc Gingell
To finish 3rd or 4th Manchester United must win this game and it doesn’t matter how ugly they are. Everton, who had a slight blip at Fulham last week, are in good form with recent home wins over Chelsea and Arsenal and a 0-0 draw with Liverpool.
|21-04||Goodison Park||Everton (9)||v||Manchester United (6)|
|KO:13:30||REF: P Tierney|
Everton Team News
- Suspended Until 12 May: André Gomes.
- Expected Back 27 Apr: Yerry Mina Hamstring injury.
Manchester United Team News
- Unknown Return Date: Antonio Valencia Knock.
- Suspended until 24 Apr: Luke Shaw Suspended.
- 50% Chance of Playing: Eric Bailly Head injury.
- 75% Chance of Playing: Ander Herrera Muscle injury.
- Everton have lost more Premier League matches against Manchester United than any side has against another in the history of the competition (36).
- Following a run of three straight away defeats against Everton without scoring a single goal, Manchester United have won two of their last three top-flight games at Goodison Park (D1).
- In their meeting earlier this season, Manchester United scored their 100th Premier League goal against Everton in a 2-1 victory, making them just the second side to net 100+ goals against a single opponent in the competition (also Arsenal against Everton).
- Everton’s only previous league win, and Man Utd’s only previous league defeat on Easter Sunday came in this exact fixture in the 2013-14 campaign (Everton 2-0 Man Utd).
- After a run of just one home win in eight Premier League games, Everton have won their last two at Goodison Park.
- Everton have won their last two home Premier League games against ‘big six’ sides, as many as they had in their previous 19 in the competition (W2 D7 L10). They last won three home league games in a row against such opponents in the competition in March 2012.
- Manchester United have lost their last two Premier League away games – they’ve not lost three in a row on the road since January 1996.
- Anthony Martial has scored in each of his last three Premier League games Everton – the last Man Utd player to score in four straight matches against a single opponent was Wayne Rooney vs Hull in November 2014.
- Paul Pogba is Man Utd’s highest scorer in the Premier League this season with 13 goals. It’s the most in the competition by a French player in a season for Man Utd since Eric Cantona in 1995-96 (14), while seven of his goals have been penalties – only Ruud van Nistelrooy (8 in 2002-03) has scored in a single campaign for the Red Devils.
- Everton’s Gylfi Sigurdsson has been directly involved in seven Premier League goals against Man Utd (4 goals, 3 assists) – against no side has he been involved in more.
Both teams have been hit with suspensions but Everton’s loss could prove to be more crucial. This tips the balance in their favour for me with Marcus Rashford amongst the goals.
Everton 0 Manchester United 2
If you have any questions or comments please follow the links below. And, if you would like to like or share, that would be appreciated. Thank you.