One of the Bus drivers of the No.8 bus drove into a railway barrier on 7 October 2019. The bus registration is 39 – 115 and the license plate is 10 – 5785 Bangkok.
The bus driver drove straight into the train barrier. The Bangkok Mass Transit Authority (BMTA) reported on 9 October 2019 at 14.00 together with the 39 company that is responsible for the operation of bus no.8 in Bangkok.
Nitikarn Virarunpong the representative of the 39 Company. Admitted that Bratan Buaban was guilty, he is the driver of the bus involved in the incident.
They had no arguments for his actions and promised to take better care of their drivers. This will be done by training for the drivers to be more strict in following the law and the BMTA regulations.
The BMTA has taken into consideration the actions of Bratan and will punish him as follows.
1. The 39 Company has to pay a fine of 5,000 THB,
2. Bratan is fired from his position as a bus driver for the bus no.8,
3. The bus no.8 involved in the accident is prohibited from driving for 7 days starting on the 9th to the 15th,
4. The representative of the 39 Company is warned to strictly follow the law and the regulations of the BMTA,
5. If another employee of the company is found guilty again on a similar incident there will be punishments.
The no.8 bus in Bangkok has always had a reputation for crazy driving. Thai people using public transportation often hear about how to be careful if you have to take bus no.8 as their drivers seem to drive similarly to each other with fast speeds and cutting in front of other cars. There has been no clear explanation for the cause that made the driver hit the railroad barrier, but such accidents can harm innocent people on the road. Hopefully, other bus drivers take this case as a good reason to why you should be careful when driving a public transportation vehicle.